I visited my shepherd at the hospital today and I think she is the most adorable patient ever. Although she was half awake and still groggy from her op, she still made the effort to wave at us and ask us things. -touched- she's the one who just had an op but she was asking after everyone. I think I'm really lucky to have such good examples of wonderful Christians.
The topic has been coming up a lot... That despite the fact that the group of us haven't been friends for long, doesn't know every single aspect of our lives, doesn't talk every day, yet, we are able to do life together, trust one another at deep level - it's Christ that binds us, all Christians together. I think I've never felt such an outpouring of love before and I thank You for blessing me with such wonderful people.
I saw WJ's ring for his gf today too! And Ruey and Pris' rings... I was expecting to feel a stab of envy or inadequacy, but strangely, I feel happy for the couples around me, sincerely excited for them and blessed to have known such wonderful couples. It is because of them that I believe in marriages - that there is a level of love and respect because they know God's love and are able to love one another like that. I'm not saying that rs a bed of roses, but having God in a relationship really makes a difference.
As I write this, 1 Corinthians 13 came to my mind. Opened the app and saw this - And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV). Are you telling me something, Father?
Scrolled upwards and came across the famous 1 Corinthian verses 4 onwards... I was just telling Sam yesterday when she asked if I was ever worried about being single. I said no, and being the usual direct self she is... Which I've come to accept and appreciate, she said she would be worried. I told her that I need time to become the kind of person that the kind of person I want, would adore. I want a spiritual person (distractions in the form of that guy aside) ultimately. A person who is spiritual and loves God would want his other half to love God at the same level too. I want to say this verse with confidence with the person I love the last sentence for Joshua 24:15 - As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment