Today, one of my LG mates broke the news that she broke up with the bf... She cried a lot and told us what happened. As a group, we all listened. I was quick to show sheer disgust at the cheating ex. Until P spoke up and said what was most difficult - have you learnt from your mistakes? They knew the cheater in question and felt that maybe, it wasn't all his fault - not that it made cheating excusable, I suppose it might help her to find somewhere in her heart to forgive him. It reminded me abt what happened 6 years x months ago... When I too, was the 3rd party and ended up making friends with the ex but eventually, ended up with you.
6 years x months later, it was a different thing. I still remember clearly gg through your emails and the feeling of blood running cold at the roses, the queen bed, the woman in ur room when I dropped by unannounced. I still do not think that you have been completely honest with me, but I guess if that's the way it is... Be it :) It feels vivid, but yet it feels like it's someone else's emotions. Maybe, just maybe, I am getting slightly better and this baby step is for good and here to stay.
I just prayed that she'll find it in her heart to forgive him and let go. It's not living well, which can be a forced and false front. It's truly forgiving and letting go. :) it's tough, she was prepared to marry him and they were gg to put money down for a deposit to buy a flat. He knew her for 6 years, liked her for 4 and they were together for almost 3 years. This happened.
Her mum says its a test for him from God and he failed it. P then asked... What if God was testing not just him, but the both if you? I thought about us then, maybe We just didn't pass the test, period.
:)
It was yet another fruitful session, although there was no praise and worship, there was newfound wisdom. Thank you lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment