Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm supposed to be either be studying or taking a shower... slogging through the horrible first day of that time of the month.

Cute cute passed away on Sat. We brought him to the vet, he got an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory jab and 1 hour later, he was gone. The thing was... I was at the backseat with him. I thought he was fine because the best doctor in the clinic said it was a fever and there was no cause for alarm... we were so... relieved and thought that that was it. Jab, medication, keep him in a cooling place and it'll be fine. Reached our destination, picked up the carrier and realised that he had stopped breathing. The mad dash back to the clinic didn't help. Love was upset because it could've been prevented somehow... but it's too late.

Two dogs in one month. Unlike Pom, I didn't share a bond with Cute, he was more of Love's mummy's dog, her companion. I think Love's mummy is the hardest hit. It's a good thing we have a pup now. A family's life is centered around the love for their pets, without them, as I mentioned before... the stillness can be unbearable. Routines, conversations, laughter... all centered around them.

She got a kennel cough from the visit to the vet, it's kind of worrying but the little thing doesn't seem to know... she can start wheezing but continues tugging at her toy, refusing to let go. I hope little pup will grow to be a healthy adult with a long and happy life. She grows so quickly it's amazing. Every week, she's getting heavier, taller. She's scared of being in parts of the house that she has yet to explore, this timid thing just sits and starts to shiver, doesn't move an inch. She's a walking pee and poo machine. Seriously I've never seen anything that generates waste so often. When she curls up and falls asleep on my lap and I'll have this strange feeling tugging in my chest. Love says it's a maternal thing... I don't think I have a single maternal bone in my body... Shuping will agree because I'm too knobbly. But she can be scary as hell... she a real biter. I haven't been bitten yet, I steer clear when she starts looking crazy - she darts around biting the rags, the toys, the wires, etc. Love bears the brunt of most of it. It's funny, I can be on the phone with her and suddenly... Silence then a loud 'Acccck! Yiiiike! POM POM! (Her name's Pom Pom II btw... we are SO creative right?)' As you can see, this creature is NOT scared of us at all, empty room... yes, us? not at all. We're there for her to chew, chase, clean up. We scolded her yesterday for chewing the wires (we tried to gently chastise her, but she kept sneaking back to chew) and she IGNORED us when we called her some time later! She show black face ok! Wah piang! Guess what, we has to fuss over her and she's ok after that. Little brat. She really resembles Pom.

Ok, one whole paragraph. Sorry, I'm gushing.

Here are some pictures. One of me and the poo generator and next, of me and Love. I think I aged a lot. Bloody freaking hell.





No comments: