Sunday, January 01, 2006

Dear friends or anyone who happens to visit my blog,

HAPPY 2006!


Hope everyone had had a fantastic time. =)

Well... actually... I'm quite sad to see the end of 2005- not that it had been a particularly smooth-sailing year despite some hurdles- though I haven't been a better person, I lost a blossoming nightlife to work, I graduated with a diploma, but with less than satisfactory results, I didn't moisturise everyday, despite working for more than 6mths... I barely have a cent to my name thanks to poor spending habits, I didn't pick up a new language, Wolfy got a tumour cos I'm a bad owner, I didn't exercise...

BUT... it's in 2005 that I had my first taste of- Love (not puppy love mind you), financial independence, long-term commitments (in many ways), Newton circus' fried rice, manoeuvring a real car (errr... breaking some err... la-...rules of course), scolding taxi drivers (i got fiercer, you don't try to be funny with me by going on merry-go-rounds, lashing your wrath on me... lao niang will not tolerate nonsense!) so... 2005 had been a special year for me.

For 2006, I wish for stability. For myself, my loved ones and -ahem- the world. I think I'm still not to 'settled' in terms of mindset and character... still very much like a student, still very impatient and feeling panicky as I watch the world go by faster than I can catch up. For others... my friends who are still in school when I started working... they will be graduating soon, hopefully they'll have a better time with the transition than me. Well... because news made me a pessimistic person with all the floods, droughts, bombings, hurricanes.... well... -crosses fingers- hopefully things are better and that scientists are wrong about expecting worse weather.

Alright, shall end off with a more positive note about my life... for 2006, things to look forward to- Love and I will be going on our first trip together- also my very first trip out of S'pore w/o my parents (not including neighbouring M'sia of course), be going to Bangkok... and hopefully a pay increment, my 21st birthday =P, rings =), Memoirs of a Geisha the movie, and much much more that I can't yet forsee.

A happy 2006 ahead!

No comments: